Just saw where the Fall Chapel schedule is posted. Here’s a few highlights:
3 different panel discussions which is something new this year
- Sept 3 called N.T. Wright and the Doctrine of Justification
- Oct 22 called Southern Baptists and the Great Commission Resurgence. (My only issue here is that the whole panel is from Highview . . . just a little one-side, no?)
- Nov 3 called Perspectives on Mulit-site Churches. (This one should be good w/ Dr. Mohler moderating. From what I remember from the IX Marks journal, only Greg Gilbert would be in the opposition to multi-site. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.)
- Dr. Mohler – 7 times
- Dr. Moore – 2 times
- Dr. Ware, Dr. York, Dr. Hamilton, Dr. Nettles, Dr. Fuller, Mr. Jason Allen
Others to look fwd to:
- Dr. Al Jackson on Sept 15
- Rev Al Gilbert on Oct 20 as part of mission’s week. He is also on the GC Task Force
- Matt Chandler on Nov 12. I think this may be his first time to speak in Chapel . . . This may be the most full the chapel will ever be this late in the semester.
Should be a good semester.