Last weekend, my parents and grandmother were in town to visit Maddie, and were so kind to give Beth and I a night out. So after a tasty Chick-fil-A dinner, we headed to a seasonal favorite: the temporary Halloween store! As we walked around trying to find something that wasn’t sketchy or shady, I thought to myself, “Where’s the Christian Halloween store?” Now I realize that this may be an oxymoron to some; however, I began to wonder what all one might find in the Christian Halloween store. Here’s some of our ponderings . . .
- Definitely masks of Martin Luther, John Calvin, and William Carey. It is Reformation Day ya know.
- A shepherd outfit
- Probably some OT characters: Moses, David, maybe a prophet or 2
- Peanuts characters . . . Linus does quote the Christmas story, remember?
- Bob the tomato and Larry the cucumber
- Just say no to the Bibleman
- Got to have some ladies: Mary, Martha, Ruth, Esther, Rahab post fall of Jericho, Church Lady
You would also have to have some good accessories . . .
- Big Baptist hair wigs
- A Preaching Bible (KJV only)
- Youth pastor paste-on soul patch
- the armor of God (Eph 6) . . . gotta have that sword of the spirit
- offering plate
Anyway, we had a good time thinking of these things. So now you tell us what things you would expect to find in the Christian Halloween store.