After we returned from Orlando, we spent our final 10 days in Louisville finishing up all of our packing and saying goodbyes. We loved our time in da ‘Ville as they call it. Since we did the long-distance dating/engagement thing, this was the first place that we lived together. Both girls were born here. And we made and have many great friends that we had to leave to head to Funny Lady Land. I could write many blogs talking about our time in Louisville, but here were a few of our favorite things:
- The unique events like the Danger Run, Trolley Hop, and Thunder over Louisville
- Maddie loved going to the Zoo to see all the animals, esp the tiger and polar bear!
- We had a blast going to the Louisville Bats baseball games courtesy of my work Summit Energy
- Trunk or Treat at CCBC. Over the years, we were Nacho and the Nun, Luke and Leia, Mr. Green and Mrs White, Linus and Snoopy and Woodstock, and Waldo x2
- There were some fun local restaurants we will miss like Lynn’s Paradise Cafe, Dittos, Havana Rumba, and the Homemade Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen.
- Sledding down the Gene Synder exit ramp