It’s time again for another installment of what’s on Will J’s mind. But this time, I’ll just keep it to 5 so as not to take too much time from your long Memorial Day weekend…
1. I think it’s awesome how just eating a Subway sandwich shows the difference in Maddie and Mahaney. Mahaney opens up the bread, removes the ham to one side and cheese to the other and leaves the veggies on the bread. She then proceeds to eat each part of the sandwich separately until everything is finished. Maddie just eats the sandwich normally.
2. I think cricket is more fun than baseball. No explanation needed…however, here’s 10 ways cricket is more manly than baseball:
1) No gloves. You try catching the screaming line drive with bare hands.
2) 1 strike and you are out. None of this 3 strikes and then you are out till you get to bat again. One chance.
3) Batting until you get out takes endurance.
4) You ever try to hit an 85 mph ball off the bounce?
5) You try and make the ball twist and spin WITHOUT bending your elbow.
6) None of this foul territory business.
7) Short, exciting tournaments as opposed to a ridiculously long regular season.
8) It takes manly skill to throw the ball and hit the stick rather than a man with a glove.
9) You are allowed to skuff and doctor the ball.
10) Yurvay’s 6 “home-runs” in a row. Nothing like a little trash talk from a Brit to spark a fire in an Indian. (Start from the 2 min mark).
3. I think I am excited to watch the World Cup next month.
4. I think I’ve been overseas too long when I am talking about cricket and
soccer football in my posts.
5. I think it is amazing how much Maddie and Buggie can remember when it is put to song. As Beth mentioned in the last post, she has been teaching them Bible verses, using the tunes from familiar songs. At first, I was skeptical. Yet now, I am a full believer. It has even helped me!
6. One more…I think that my wife is amazing for caring so much about the future salvation of our children.
7. Two more…I am thankful for all of those who have served or are serving in our military. It never was an interest of mine, but I am thankful for the freedom I have because of those who have protected it for us. Happy Memorial Day!